Thanks to the Internet, we have a world of information at our fingertips. Because the subject of your cat's health can range from simple suggestions for behavior problems to in depth information for a complex illness, rather than attempting to list ALL the possible problems and solutions here, we offer a starting point for your own research.
One of the top reasons for surrendering cats to animal shelters is for problems associated with spraying and/or urinating outside the litter box. Go to About.Com to learn about the causes of spraying and peeing outside the box, how to combat litter box avoidance and urine spraying, and how to remove the stains and odor of cat urine from carpeting, bedding, and clothing.
Below are some links to resources we find to be useful. While you are researching, don't forget to include holistic health care solutions for your cat.
- Feline Wikipedia
- ASPCA: Pet Care
- Cornell University: Animal Health Resources
- Washington State University: A to Z Index of Pet Health Topics
- Winn Foundation: Cat Health Library
- SPCA International: Finding a Holistic Vet and What to Expect from Your Doctor's Visit
- American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association: Find a holistic vet near you.
Products and Stain/Odor Remover
We receommend Sparky's Spots for valuable information regarding urine odor and stain removal. They do the research for you so you do not have to waste money trying different products.
Sparky's Spots also has great information on travel carriers and other items.